You must always remember that your Brown covers you once you covers you once you leave your country of usual residence . So, in the event of an accident and for you to derive full benefit from the scheme, you must do the following:
- report the accident immediately to the nearest police station
- if another vehicle is involved or if a person is injured , obtain:
- The full names and addresses of the owner, driver and insurers of the vehicle,
- The registration number of the vehicle.
- report the accident to the National Bureau of the country in which the accident has occurred ; always remember that being your insurerâ€™s representative, the National Bureau is there to give you immediate first-class assistance. Once notified by you this National Bureau in its capacity as a Handling Bureau will proceed at once with the formal investigation and evaluation of the loss, without waiting for a formal claim against you. It is this Bureau that will subsequently notify the issuing Bureau ( that is, the National Bureau of your country) of the accident for further transmission to the particular insurance company from which you obtained your Brown Card.